DHL Supply Chain- Sales Graduate Programme
DHL Supply Chain- Sales Graduate Programme
WHO ARE DHL SUPPLY CHAIN?
Founded in 1969, DHL is the world’s leading logistics company. Our 395,000 people in over 220 countries and territories work every day to help our customers cross borders, reach new markets and grow their businesses. DHL Supply Chain, part of the DHL Group, is the world’s leading logistics provider and by joining DHL Supply Chain, you are joining a company that offers limitless opportunities to grow.
WHO ARE SALES?
DHL Supply Chain’s UK Sales function plays a pivotal role in the growth and success of our business. This dedicated team is responsible for identifying and pursuing new opportunities, partnerships and strategies to drive the company forward. By continuously scanning the business landscape, they keep the company agile and adaptable in an ever-changing market. The Sales function is a catalyst for sustainable growth, making it an indispensable asset in the competitive world of business.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN ON PROGRAMME?
DHL Supply Chain’s UK nationwide Sales Graduate programme is all about developing leaders for future business. DHL Supply Chain provides placement opportunities to experience a broad range of different environments, within both site based and regional responsibility. You will tackle real challenges with a supportive culture that helps you get the most out of your time as a Graduate. Our Sales function is responsible for understanding the customers’ needs and building our portfolio so we can meet our goal to be the world’s leading logistics provider. As companies like ours grow it is important to have a structured approach to support business development, account and sales team, providing growth and innovation to our warehouse and transport teams.
As a market leader in logistics and supply chain we will give you scope to reach your career goals however high you are aiming. As a DHL Supply Chain Graduate you will benefit from rotating in a variety of business sectors, which involves working with some of DHL Supply Chain’s high profile customers across Retail, Consumer & Convenience, Life Sciences, Manufacturing Logistics, Transport, and Supply Chain Solutions.
During your programme you may undertake positions such as Indirect Sales Support and Bid Excellence along with being involved in high profile customer projects. We ask Graduates to bring ideas to the table and take on responsibility from the get go. Most learning occurs on the job when Graduates are faced with real life daily challenges and responsibilities however we also supplement this experience with formal skills development training.
- 24-month structured programme (2 x 12-month placements)
- Placements will differ being based at site or located regionally
- Early accountability and fast progression
- Experience of working within diverse sites and environments
- Completion of the DHL Supply Chain Internal Sales Curriculum
- Completion of Level 3 IT Sales Apprenticeship Programme
- Regular performance feedback and personal growth planning through a structured learning plan
- Contribute to DHL’s sustainability 2050 mission of zero emissions
- Give back to the community through DHL’s Foundation by helping achieve the vision to end youth unemployment
WHAT KIND OF WORK WILL I DO?
Throughout the course of the placement, you will be given the skills, knowledge, and experience to equip you to manage real life situations within a global, lead logistics company. During your placement you may be involved in:
- Working on high profile customer projects
- Assisting the UKI Sales strategy by growing relationships with new and existing customers
- Learn to think strategically and the importance of Customer Experience
- Support in the development of customer solutions, and learn to understand commercial contracting
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED?
- Do not require a management or Supply Chain and Logistics degree but you should have a desire to progress within this discipline
- Be ambitious and goal driven with a desire to build a career in Business Development
- A desire to develop and a willingness to learn
- A competitive edge – someone who likes to create and be involved in competitions, loves winning and driving a team
- Positive approach to work, ‘Can do’ attitude, desire to learn
WHAT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS DO I NEED?
- Fully mobile to relocate within the UK (graduates are required to relocate every 12 months for their placements whilst on the programme)
- Must hold a valid UK driving license or be self-reliant to travel to multiple sites when required
- Eligibility to work in the UK (DHL SUPPLY CHAIN DOES NOT OFFER VISA SPONSORSHIPS. IF YOU CURRENTLY HAVE A TIME-LIMITED VISA, YOU WILL BE ASKED FOR YOUR VISA END DATE AS PART OF YOUR APPLICATION)
- Must be fluent in English
- No minimum degree grade
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
£29,000 per annum starting salary. As a Graduate your salary will increase throughout the programme, and you will be included in the annual bonus scheme. If eligible, you’ll also receive up to £1000 relocation allowance throughout the length of the programme depending on placement location.
As part of a growing DHL population, you’ll receive access to a variety of excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, mental health support, and private GP services.
At DHL we want everyone to be their true selves in the workplace. We are committed to ensuring people feel like they can contribute and that they belong. We primarily focus on 6 key pillars, Ability, Ethnic and National origin, Religion, Gender, LGBTQ+ and Generations and in the UKI we are committed to focus on Educating, Supporting and Celebrating diversity!
- FUTURE PROSPECTS:
We want Graduates to build their careers and fast track into management. Graduates can contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business and be a part of an organization that makes an impact to society as well as to the world of logistics. After your programme you will transition into the Alumni community to continue the growth of your career.
WORKING WEEK: 37.5 hours
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE? Join us for a live Insights session where you can hear from our Sales Leadership Team and our current graduates to ask any more questions you have. Click here to register for the event.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Our application process is simple – you’ll complete an online application form, then take an online strengths assessment, followed by an online job simulation. Provided you meet the required criteria, you’ll be invited to an Experience Day where we can meet you.
Sales Experience Day Date: 7 March 2024 in person in Rugby.
PLEASE NOTE, WE RECEIVE A HIGH NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS FOR OUR GRADUATE PROGRAMMES AND MAY CLOSE THE VACANCY EARLY IF WE’RE OVERSUBSCRIBED. IF YOU’RE INTERESTED, WE RECOMMEND SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.