DHL Supply Chain-Future Leaders Graduate Programme – Manufacturing Logistics
DHL Supply Chain-Future Leaders Graduate Programme – Manufacturing Logistics
Founded in 1969, DHL is the world’s leading logistics company. Our 395,000 people in over 220 countries and territories work every day to help our customers cross borders, reach new markets and grow their businesses. DHL Supply Chain, part of the DHL Group, is the world’s leading logistics provider and by joining DHLSupply Chain, you are joining a company that offers limitless opportunities to grow. DHL Supply Chain has 6 Business Units all of which offer Graduate opportunities, here you read more about working for our Manufacturing Logistics Business unit.
WHO ARE MANUFACTURING LOGISTICS?
In Manufacturing Logistics, we do exactly what you’d think – we provide logistics and supply chain solutions to manufacturing companies across various industries. This includes managing inbound logistics (such as transportation of raw materials from suppliers), inventory management, warehousing & distribution, order fulfilment services among others, ensuring that they have the right materials, parts and products at the right time and in the right place.
We have four ‘pillars’ in Manufacturing Logistics:
- Passenger Transport – for customers making anything that carries passengers, including planes, boats, and cars.
- Engineering, Manufacturing, Energy and Chemicals – With a focus on future sustainability, we have customers who deal in chemicals and energy, including household names like Network Rail and Shell.
- Jaguar Landrover – partnering the luxury car maker at its UK and Slovakia production facilities.
- Finished Vehicle Solutions – from preparing cars for delivery for Ford and VW Audi Group, to delivering a true VIP experience, including providing VIP cars for both the Queen’s funeral and the King’s Coronation. Many of our customers are national and international household names and a significant number produce true luxury items.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN ON PROGRAMME?
Our UK nationwide Future Leaders Programme is all about developing Senior Leaders of the future in our operations. By working in our warehousing and transport operations we will give you the skills and experience you need to fast track your way through DHL Supply Chain. From day one, you’ll take on real responsibility with a supportive culture that helps you get the most out of your time as a Graduate, whilst building on your people and stakeholder management skills and becoming an expert in all things Operations.
Logistics is more than getting the product from A to B. At DHL Supply Chain we combine management and value-added services with our customised, integrated logistics solutions which drives resilience, efficiency, improves quality and creates competitive advantage.
Our Graduate programme in Manufacturing Logistics focusses on delivering a holistic experience of the supply chain from the ground up, to help prepare Graduates for a strong management career, understanding the operation in different areas, how to get the most from the team and how to deliver an exceptional service to our customers. We believe this creates managers with all-round experience and enabling them to be adaptable and resilient.
- 24 -month structured Programme (2 x 12-month placements)
- Placements will be based at a minimum of 2 sites across the 2-year programme
- Completion of Operation Departmental ILM Manager Level 5 Qualification (alongside our internal Certified Supervisory training)
- Based in Warehouse or Transport Operations
- Early accountability and fast progression
- Experience of working within diverse sites and environments
- Regular performance feedback and personal growth planning through a structured learning plan.
- Contribute to DHL’s sustainability 2050 mission of zero emissions.
- The opportunity to network with the wider Graduate and Apprentice population.
- Give back to the community through DHL’s Foundation by helping achieve the vision to end youth unemployment
WHAT KIND OF WORK WILL I DO?
- Help us pave the way to enhance customer and employee experiences and improve operational performance.
- To coordinate and provide support in the running of a safe and efficient operation.
- Prepare and execute the shift handover with coordinators of next shift.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings, communicating site performance indicators and improvement actions.
- Individual and team management to include monitoring team and individual performance against KPIs.
- Participate in Projects within site.
- Get involved with and support Continuous Improvement.
- Learning the end-to-end processes at your placement site.
- Participate and engage in CSR activities.
- During your time on the programme, you will progress to manage people and relationships with Customers and Stakeholders.
- Contribute to site development and lead projects.
- Understand the importance of quality and compliance within the core processes that we execute across the business unit.
Throughout the course of the placement, you will be given the skills, knowledge, and experience to equip you to manage real life situations within a global, lead logistics company.
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED?
- A desire to be a People Manager and to guide teams of people through the day-to-day business
- Do not need to have completed a degree in an associated area (I.e. Supply Chain Management)
- A desire to work with others in a team environment and a willingness to learn
WHAT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS DO I NEED?
- Fully mobile to relocate within the UK (graduates are required to relocate every 12 months for their placements whilst on the programme).
- Must hold a valid UK driving license or be self-reliant to travel to multiple sites when required.
- Eligibility to work in the UK (DHL SUPPLY CHAIN DOES NOT OFFER VISA SPONSORSHIPS. IF YOU CURRENTLY HAVE A TIME-LIMITED VISA, YOU WILL BE ASKED FOR YOUR VISA END DATE AS PART OF YOUR APPLICATION)
- Must be fluent in English.
- No minimum degree grade.
- As part of the Operation Departmental ILM Manager Level 5 Qualification, you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years as it is a government funded apprenticeship programme.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
£29,000 per annum starting salary. As a Graduate your salary will increase throughout the programme, and you will be included in the annual bonus scheme. If eligible, you’ll also receive up to £1000 relocation allowance throughout the length of the programme depending on placement location.
As part of a growing DHL population, you’ll receive access to a variety of excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, mental health support, and private GP services.
At DHL we want everyone to be their true selves in the workplace. We are committed to ensuring people feel like they can contribute and that they belong. We primarily focus on 6 key pillars, Ability, Ethnic and National origin, Religion, Gender, LGBTQ+ and Generations and in the UKI we are committed to focus on Educating, Supporting and Celebrating diversity!
- FUTURE PROSPECTS:
We want Graduates to build their careers and fast track into management. Graduates can contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business and be a part of an organization that makes an impact to society as well as to the world of logistics. After your programme you will transition into the Alumni community to continue the growth of your career.
WORKING WEEK: 40 – 42 hours shift patterns will apply and differ depending on your placement.
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE? Join us for a live Insights session where you can hear more about the Manufacturing Logistics Business Unit, meet our Graduates and ask any more questions you have. Click here register for the event.
Our application process is simple – you’ll complete an online application form, then take an online strengths assessment, followed by an online job simulation. Provided you meet the required criteria, you’ll be invited to an Experience Day where we can meet you.
The Experience Day for this programe will take place on the 20th of February, in person in Birmingham
PLEASE NOTE, WE RECEIVE A HIGH NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS FOR OUR GRADUATE PROGRAMMES AND MAY CLOSE THE VACANCY EARLY IF WE’RE OVERSUBSCRIBED. IF YOU’RE INTERESTED, WE RECOMMEND SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.