Industrial Placement Programme
Industrial Placement Programme
Program start date:
We are launching an Industrial Placement programme starting in September 2024! Do you like the sound of a year getting to know DHL Supply Chain, our well-known Customers and enjoy learning and developing yourself along the way? From Supermarkets, to Clinical Trials to Airports (and so much more) we will take you behind the scenes in the world’s largest logistics company giving you well-rounded exposure to just what goes on in our business. Every day is a learning day at DHL Supply Chain, you will leave the programme feeling inspired to return, intrigued to know more and want to make a difference to help us continuously improve and grow.DHL Supply Chain provides warehousing, managed transport, and value-added services at every link in the supply chain for customers in a variety of industries. We are a people business and invest heavily in our talent by bringing in Students and Graduates into all areas of the business and more recently extending our Next Generation Talent offering by launching an Industrial Placement programme.
What the programme looks like:
▪ 12month placement in one of our business units (Life Sciences and Healthcare, Manufacturing Logistics, Retail or Consumer & Convenience)
▪ Active involvement with the DHL UK foundation giving back to the community
▪ 2x face to face ‘Coffee and Catch ups’ with the Business Unit Managing Director
▪ DHL Certified Training
▪ Regular Performance Feedback
▪ Site tours to enhance your learning of DHL Supply Chain’s operations
▪ End of placement presentation to the Senior Leadership Team
▪ Even more… If you successfully complete an Industrial Placement with us, you will automatically be invited to the Graduate Experience Day (aka Assessment Centre) once you have completed your final year of university!
We want Students to build their careers with us by completing the Industrial Placement programme but also coming back onto our Graduate Programme and fast track into management. Students will contribute their ideas to influence success and will be a part of an organization that makes an impact to society as well as to the world of logistics. Once you have completed the Placement and Graduate programme you will transition into the Alumni community to continue the growth of your career.
Who are we looking for?
▪ Students who are inquisitive, question the status quo and genuinely want to make a difference
▪ A desire to learn about DHL Supply Chain and what it is like working for one of the top 10 biggest companies in the world
▪ Hunger to achieve and do things well
▪ Students who take pride in their work and thrive in a team environment
▪ To be eligible for our Industrial Placement Programme you must currently be an undergraduate student at a University in the United Kingdom
▪ You must be in your second year of university completing a degree which allows you to work for a year in industry as a placement year
Working week and Location:
▪ Working week is likely to be Monday – Friday daytime hours (working hours can be agreed with your line manager and site team)
▪ The programme is nationwide but we don’t want you to have to relocate if you don’t need to! So we will take your Top 3 location preferences at the Experience Day (aka Assessment Centre) and let you know as soon as
possible where you will be based.
Our application process is simple – you’ll complete an online application form, then take an online strengths assessment, followed by an online job simulation. Provided you meet the required criteria, you’ll be invited to an Experience Day (aka Assessment Centre) where we can meet you.
Experience Day Date: 8 April 2024 Valley Cross, Rugby
Please note we cannot sponsor VISA’s as part of our Graduate Programme