Operations Excellence Digital Engineering Graduate Programme
Operations Excellence Digital Engineering Graduate Programme
Program start date:
WHO ARE DHL SUPPLY CHAIN?
Founded in 1969, DHL is the world’s leading logistics company. Our 395,000 people in over 220 countries and territories work every day to help our customers cross borders, reach new markets and grow their businesses. DHL Supply Chain, part of the DHL Group, is the world’s leading logistics provider and by joining DHL Supply Chain, you are joining a company that offers limitless opportunities to grow.
WHAT IS OPERATIONS EXCELLENCE?
Operations Excellence’s key focus is Sustainability and striving towards Our Go Green agenda. The GoGreen agenda provide us with strategic direction to ensure that our business remains ecologically sustainable in the longer term. Operations Excellence have dedicated colleagues who support the strategic development of the regional GoGreen agenda, delivery of divisional and global GoGreen targets.
Operations Excellence primary role is to provide a comprehensive service to the respective senior leadership teams across DHL Supply Chain to drive our agenda and strategy of the future. DHL Supply Chain offers standardized warehousing, transport, and value-added services and to deliver our customer promise we need to achieve excellent operational performance. Operations Excellence is an instrumental to the success of our organisation, whether that is providing cohesive support across the whole Operations Excellence agenda or whether it’s ensuring successful delivery of start-ups, implementations of significant projects or business transformation projects. Our teams have busy and varied roles across the length and breadth of the UKI.
Operations Excellence encompasses multiple different teams including:
- Health & Safety
- Project Delivery
- Solutions Design
- Accelerated Digitalisation
- OMS First Choice
- Continuous Improvement
WHAT TO EXPECT ON PROGRAMME?
New for 2024, this is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for a Graduate role who has an interest in making a difference and is passionate about Digitalization. Our UK Nationwide Operations Excellence Digital Engineering Programme is all about developing our leaders of the future who have a passion for Supply Chain and strive for ‘Excellence’ The programme focusses on delivering a holistic experience of Supply Chain, helping prepare Graduates for a successful career and providing the skills they need to succeed.
The Digital Engineering Programme encompasses 2 x 12 months placements across area that play a key part in the success of Operations Excellence’s focuses and delivering a exceptional service to our customers.
Placement 1 – Smart Rem
You will be learning to how to support the configuration & implementation of several DHLs strategic solutions across UKI. Alongside this you will get exposure to support and lead the deployments, maintain the systems and produce relevant reports.
Placement 2 – Operational Development, Performance Management & Data Analytics
You will support projects with data reporting, building dashboards such as PowerBI and Azure & providing business intelligence in line with overall business strategy, objectives and needs, group guidelines and policies. Alongside this exposure to support GLOBAL and UKI projects where LOGICS is a key feature and be the SME.
WHAT WILL I GET INVOLVED IN?
- 24 -month structured Programme (2 x 12month placements)
- Placements will be based at a minimum of 2 sites across the 2-year programme
- Completion of internal training programmes
- Based in Warehouse or Transport Operations – remote based with travel
- Early accountability and fast progression
- Experience of working within diverse sites and environments
- Regular performance feedback and personal growth planning through a structured learning plan.
- Contribute to DHL’s sustainability 2050 mission of zero emissions.
- The opportunity to network with the wider Graduate and Apprentice population.
- Give back to the community through DHL’s Foundation by helping achieve the vision to end youth unemployment
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED?
- A passion for the work we do in Operations Excellence, specifically Digitalisation.
- It is desirable you are studying an associated degree, however not mandatory.
WHAT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS DO I NEED?
- Fully mobile to travel as the role will be remote.
- Ideally you will be based in the Midlands due to the locations of our sites
- Must hold a valid UK driving license or be self-reliant to travel to multiple sites when required.
- Eligibility to work in the UK (DHL SUPPLY CHAIN DOES NOT OFFER VISA SPONSORSHIP. IF OU CURRENTLY HAVE A TIME-LIMITED VISA, YOU WILL BE ASKED FOR YOUR VISA END DATE AS PART OF YOUR APPLICATION)
- Must be fluent in English.
- No minimum degree grade.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- £29,000 per annum starting salary. As a Graduate your salary will increase throughout the programme, and you will be included in the annual bonus scheme.
- If eligible, you’ll also receive up to £1000 relocation allowance throughout the length of the programme depending on placement location.
- As part of a growing DHL population, you’ll receive access to a variety of excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, mental health support, and private GP services.
- At DHL we want everyone to be their true selves in the workplace. We are committed to ensuring people feel like they can contribute and that they belong. We primarily focus on 6 pillars, Ability, Ethnic and National origin, Religion, Gender, LGBTQ+ and Generations and in the UKI we are committed to focusing on Education, Supporting and Celebrating diversity!
- We want Graduates to build their careers and fast track into management. Graduates can contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business and be a part of an organisation that makes an impact to society as well as to the world of logistics. After your programme you will transition into the Alumni community to continue the growth of your career.
WORKING WEEK 37.5 hours
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE? Join us for a live insight’s session
Our application process is simple – you’ll complete an online application form, then take an online strengths journey, followed by an online job simulation. Provided you meet the required criteria, you’ll be invited to an Experience Day where we can meet you.
The Experience Day for this programme will take place on 15th April
PLEASE NOTE, WE RECEIVE A HIGH NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS FOR OUR GRADUATE PROGRAMMES AND MAY CLOSE THE VACANCY EARLY IF WE’RE OVERSUBSCRIBED. IF YOU’RE INTERESTED, WE RECOMMEND SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.