RAF Driver Apprenticeship
RAF Driver Apprenticeship
Bath and North East Somerset Bedfordshire Berkshire Bristol Buckinghamshire Cambridgeshire Cheshire Cornwall County Durham Cumbria Derbyshire Devon Dorset East Riding of Yorkshire East Sussex Essex Gloucestershire Greater London Greater Manchester Hampshire Herefordshire Hertfordshire Isle of Wight Isles of Scilly Kent Lancashire Leicestershire Lincolnshire Merseyside Nationwide Norfolk North Somerset North Yorkshire Northamptonshire Northern Ireland Northumberland Nottinghamshire Oxfordshire Rutland Scotland Shropshire Somerset South Gloucestershire South Yorkshire Staffordshire Suffolk Surrey Tyne & Wear Wales Warwickshire West Midlands West Sussex West Yorkshire Wiltshire Worcestershire
Want to become an RAF Driver? You will be fully trained to operate many vehicle types and gain professional qualifications and licenses at no cost. From cars to cranes and articulated trucks to specialist vehicles (such as aircraft refuellers) you will ensure RAF personnel, equipment and commodities are in the right place at the right time.
As a driver you will be required to drive and operate a wide range of general and specialist vehicles, from Passenger Carrying Vehicles (PCV), which include cars, minibuses and coaches), to both rigid and articulated Large Goods Vehicles (LGV). You will be responsible for making sure RAF personnel, equipment and vehicles get to the right place, at the right time. In your role you will:
- Drive a range of vehicles throughout the UK, Europe, and on worldwide operational deployment or field exercises, both on roads and over rough terrain
- Train and operate specialist vehicles supporting the RAF’s airfields in the UK and worldwide
- Transport personnel and goods (including hazardous materials) between units using Large Goods Vehicles, coaches and Troop Carrying Vehicles as well as driving a variety of different passengers (including VIPs)
- Refuel aircraft using tankers, clear runways of snow and ice using specialist airfield support vehicles and transport freight with complex trailers
- gain specialist qualifications including Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR) that is gained during your Initial Trade Training.
As a specialist and professional vocational driver, you will be expected to maintain the highest standards of dress, deportment and driving technique. You will work as part of a team, whilst having the capability and confidence to work and make decisions independently. Are you up for the challenge?
- Pay during first 6 months – £18,600+
- Pay after completing basic training + 6 months service – £23,400+
- Be aged 16-48
- UK citizen or dual/UK holder
- Commit to minimum 3 years post Phase Two Training
- Health requirements
- Fitness requirements
- Have a provisional UK DVLA driving licence with no penalty points or driving bans
To speak directly with someone who does this job, please email CRN-RecruitSelect-LogsSRT-JNCO2@mod.gov.uk
For more information about the role and details of our application process, visit the RAF Recruitment website. To be directed straight to our site Click ‘Apply’.